Students are accepted on either a part-time, pre-vocational or full-time basis.
1)Referrals are made by the School Districts
2)Tours are arranged by the District through the Pathfinder Office
3)Applications for admission are obtained by the School District from the Pathfinder office.
4)Once reviewed the District will be contacted regarding student acceptance.
5)A placement IEP will be held for student to enter.
6)Within 30 school days a new IEP will be written.
The students at the Pathfinder School share the following:
• A need for small, highly structured and nurturing learning environment.
• A need to interact within an academic environment with a low student-to-staff ratio.
• A need for a daily living skills curriculum emphasizing skills that prepares a student for adult life.
• A need for trained staff committed to responding to each student’s unique needs.
• A need for a diverse array of learning methods and strategies based on real life experiences.
• A need for community and social skills instruction.
• A need for guided social experiences in the community and specialized vocation opportunities.
• A need for behavioral support to facilitate learning.